The Dr. Joseph and Rae Brown Award recognizes an SCCM member who has significantly advanced multiprofessional quality care for critically ill and injured patients at the regional or local level. The award was established to honor the Browns for their work in organizing and sustaining the Pennsylvania Society of Critical Care Medicine, which later became the Pennsylvania Chapter of SCCM. The recipient receives $1,000 and a plaque.
Deadline and Submission
August 1 Submission FormSubmission Requirements
One letter of nomination is required. Self-nomination is accepted.
The letter must include a summary of the nominee's accomplishments in critical care at the local or regional level and must be addressed to the Pennsylvania Chapter's Executive Committee in care of Carol Prendergast.
Criteria and Notification
A nominee must be an SCCM member who meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Has made extraordinary contributions of time, energy, and resources to chapter and/or affiliate matters during the previous year
- Has demonstrated dedication, commitment, and outstanding contributions to the field of critical care at a regional or local level during the past year
- Has shown exceptional leadership contributions that have furthered the vision and mission of chapters and/or affiliates over time
- Has offered innovation or meritorious contributions that improve the care provided to critically ill and injured patients and their families in the recipients country, state, or region
- Has been an outstanding clinician/teacher and a role model of excellence in both the teaching and clinical practice of critical care in the regional or local area (not just his or her institution)
The award recipient will be notified by December 1.